Sunday, June 6, 2010

Week One Survived: CHECK!

So I have officially survived a week in LA! I would say that's success as a start :p After getting in touch with multiple random friends/co-workers/acquaintances I've started to compile a list of things to do which includes:

-Hollywood Walk (the stars etc)
-Getty Villa/Center
-Santa Monica Pier (may get a preview Tuesday!)
-Various other beaches
-Universal Studios
-The Grove (window shopping!)
-Drive part of the Pacific Coast Highway
-See The Ruse perform in concert (Peyton's broja's band...missed them in the SB!)
-Eat at: Roscos, In & Out, Pinks and The Counter.
-Meet up with: Melissa, Brady, Ryan, Ian, Julian & Eras, Talk Kristin into visiting Melissa and I (HINT HINT!)

[possibly Six Flags and Disneyland, but also then my amazing childhood memories could be all destroyed...]

Am I missing anything? I hope no one! It's entirely possible, please correct me if I am missing anything.
Work went well the rest of the week. I am the 'official MD-80 drawing expert' now. Aka I'm the only one who has gone through all the files and figured out what may or may not be useful for the project and/or what should be ordered. It's been fun, certainly has pleased my OCD-ness. Next week I may begin rendering in Pro/E which would be fun, call me a nerd, but I enjoy that kind of thing.

Yesterday I went to Zuma Beach! (on suggestion of Ian) It was nice! It was actually pretty overcast and gloomy, but apparently that is typical for this time of year. And it did clear up closer to noon so I got some sun. I took a slightly longer, but much prettier route to the beach through the mountains that was absolutely worth it. Also, I got to see surfers for the first time!
I came back late afternoon, chatted with Claire-bear, had some dinner and then headed to see the Griffith Observatory. This is the observatory from where I parked my car:
Brady and Janet met me there and we were there just in time to see a gorgeous sunset. And check it out! The Hollywood sign! I know it's silly, but it was the first time that I saw it! Click to see it bigger, then you can actually read the Hollywood part.
It was actually pretty funny because I went to the roof to get better pictures and there were some guys filming part of a movie on one of the balconies. I was confused as to why the guy was yelling into the phone, but there were a whole bunch of people watching them film which was pretty neat.
Inside the Observatory was the expected nerd semi-interesting exhibits, which of course entertained me. And Janet made sure that we got the touristy-as-expected pictures:
You have to love backdrops. When it got close to closing time we headed to the House of Pie which was nearby and it was SO SO good! Best coconut cream pie I've had in ages :) Definitely worth it...and certainly will be returning!

Sunday has been low-key, some grocery shopping etc... just getting ready for the next week and catching up on my ever-growing list of things to do...

No comments: