I realized today that I failed to mention why I decided to go to Vienna and join Brendan on his later part of the trip rather than follow my original plan and go spend time in Greece. Well if you have seethe news recently, things have not been going the greatest in Greece. It is very expensive to get to Greece as it is relatively remote so it did not seem prudent to spend a lot of money to get there...and then realize I was uncomfortable with the situation. Things may be just fine, or if I would be traveling with another person the debate may have turned out differently, but with the way things are not going to Greece seemed like the better choice. I figure down the road it is very feasible to do Greece in a week so I will just need to keep the attitude of "I'll be back someday". Brendan is the only other person I know traveling at the moment and since he was going to visit quite a few places I have not been to, I am quite excited to see where all we end up.
Today we woke up and had breakfast at the hostel before walking to the main square and meeting a free walking tour after some wandering. Free Walking Tours are quite popular since the guides are always young, enthusiastic and are often native English speakers. We really enjoyed our tour as we got a good feel of the history of what we were seeing as well as seeing a large quantity of things. It was a good starting off point for the city certainly. After the tour ended around 2 we headed to a recommended wurst stand and stopped by the Hofbrahaus for some Heiffelweis half liters at the foes beer hall before it got too crowded. After that we grabbed a sweet from the beer garden, some English books and headed to the hostel to get off our feet for a little while and get some lau dry done. Tonight the plan is to pick some fixings for a picnic and head to one of the beer gardens for dinner.
All in all, it's good to be back in Germany!
1 comment:
Glad things worked out for you to be able to travel with Brendan. It's probably more fun to have a buddy to talk to eat and laugh with.
After a 4 day weekend in Chicago sailing and eating at Zapatista, The Firehouse and enjoying brats & Jack's pulled pork no doubt in our mind that it's "home" for us. We were able to watch the fireworks from our dock-so thoughtful of City to do it on Jack's birthday celebration day.
4th of July we are heading to Evansville. Dad flying.
Post a Comment