Saturday, June 20, 2009

Always arriving, always departing....

" Si estamos siempre llegando y saliendo, también es cierto que estamos eternamente anclado. El destino nunca es un lugar sino una nueva manera de ver las cosas" -Henry Miller Since it's the last weekend Rocio got reservations at a very fancy restaurant for all of us an was able to figure out a deal so that we had 6 appetizers, dinner, coffee and desert as well as unlimited beverages (until coffee) fro 40 euro, which sounds like a lot of money, but it was a very very good meal :) Starting out with a toast to Rocio, Pau and being in Alcoy:
Mid appetizers:Everyone all dressed up! It was/currently is Kary's birthday so that was a nice way to start out a birthday for him. So after the amazing food, we stopped by a karaoke place in honor of Kary's birthday:

And then headed out to go dancing :)
This morning we got up early and caught a bus to Alicante to spend the day at the beach. It was pretty relaxed, nothing too special besides the fact that Betty decided to buy a tweety bird floatie for some reason...But the weather was absolutely perfect all day. Somehow even with putting sunscreen on 3 times I still managed to get burned though :( Such as life, I suppose I should have expected it.Tonight we're heading to a club named Gaudi because there is this DJ (DJ Josh) who is very famous (he usually works at Ibiza all summer) and is going to play his music for the summer for the first time, which is a big deal. It should be a ton of fun and a LOT of dancing :)
It's crazy to be thinking about trying to pin down what Jack and I will be doing after next week....just because it's hard to believe it's been 6 weeks already! I feel like I've been here a long time, but it's quite strange to think that half of the summer is over already. I have so many more things I'd like to get done!

Tomorrow we will be going to Caravaca, Elche and then back to Alicante. Caravaca is known for having some relics of the True Cross, so tomorow is going to be a pretty big deal. Caravaca is known also for the double armed cross, which some may have seen. And then Elche is famous for it's gardens. We're heading back to Alicante because there is a big festival this weekend and we're hoping to get into the celebration dinner :)
It's going to be a great weekend!


"If we are always arriving and departing it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things" -Henry Miller

No comments: