Forgive me for not posting regularly this week, we've had a busy few days!
Tuesday: Basically everyone worked on the paper all day, not too much happened, but I did get a chance to mail some post cards!
Wednesday:
Today we had shortened classes and then had an excursion to La Font Roja Natura, which is a natural park in the area. We went on roughly a 6km hike up to the top of the park and then back down, around and back up to the main building. We had an amazing lunch at a somewhat fancy place and then we made SOAP! Haha, we had an educational/instructional class on the native herbs and medicinal plants in the area. It was interesting. We also made "aromatic bags" though I'm not quite sure what is in them.

The view was absolutely amazing!

On the hike:

Having some fun while waiting...you can see in the background that there was a walkway that went all the way around the main building. You could see through the floor though which made a lot of people nervous, it was a long drop!

Making soap....Mine is in the shape of a fishy!

After the hike we went to this amazing house that was converted into a hotel by the current owners. It was a little random, but absolutely stunning...we kind of just wandered around and played with "The most beautiful princess Carly" a lot :) Carly is Professor Schmid's daughter.



After all that we all went back to the dorm, Kathryn and I went for a run and then Rocio, Bayo and I watched Step Up 2 after dinner! (Quality movie...)
Thursday:
Today was a normal day as far as classes and food goes. Everyone did a few errands and then we went on a hike to the cross at the top of Alcoy. It was pretty heavy duty intense climbing, but it was worth it, the view was fantastic and we got some really great pictures.
On the way up:

We made it!

All the girls :)

I do have to admit that it was one of the coolest things that we've done so far in my book. It was just so incredibly peaceful. From the top to the right of the chapel was a completely quiet area that looked like a natural park, but to the left you could look out and see all of Alcoy. I'm not quite sure how long of a hike it was, but I will definitely interested in doing it again.
Tomorrow we leave for Granada on an early bus! I'm really excited, it's going to be an intense weekend, Granada for a day and a half and then heading to Toledo, with a day trip to Madrid most likely on Sunday. Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Glad to hear that you're dominating Spain!
Have fun this weekend!
Post a Comment