Total travel time thus far: 3 hours
We flew in last night/this morning to London which was mostly uneventful. I ended up sleeping most of the flight and missed out on dinner and other such details, although the lady I was sitting next to was nice enough to grab me a breakfast pastry in the morning.
Total travel time to date: 10 hours
Fortunately I had packed gummy bears. We hung out in the vastly confusing mouse-maze of shops in London until our flight gate was assigned and then flew into Madrid. Again I successfully went the whole flight only being awake for maybe a total of twenty minutes. I also got to see the aerobus when we drove past! (Well at least I thought it was cool...)
Total travel time thus far: 2.5 hr in airport + 2 hr flight = 14.5 hours
At Madrid we were met by our RA's, the Professor from ND and a Professor from Universidad de Valencia and packed onto the bus. The plus to this was that I was the only one awake for the bus ride from Madrid to Alcoy. I went through all Muzzy DVD's that were borrowed from mom. I may not be a pro yet, but you better believe that I can dominate my numbers and colors again! :)
The drive was very pretty, we basically drove through the plains of Spain (according the RA's this is where the seasonal flooding and storms come through). There were tons of wind turbines which was interesting to see. Once we got closer to Alcoy there was a lot of driving through the mountains which was absolutely gorgeous. There were some areas that looked like there were some ruins etc so I'm excited to do some hiking in the area. I believe they said we may be doing some of that next week. After an uneventful (highly confusing) orientation of the dorm we had so erm-gormet dining hall dinner ;) and everyone retreated to their rooms to unpack and SLEEP!
Total travel time thus far: 4.5 hours of driving + .5hr mandatory break = 19.5 hours
Below are some pictures from the drive:
just some mountains on the way to Alcoy from Madrid
castle? Ruins? This was just outside Alcoy by maybe 15 minutes
Windmills!
3 comments:
Can you post some more windmills? I like windmills. Glad you're doing a blog, it'll be awesome to track your adventures!
Hi, I'm your roommate Kathryn's father. Thank you for your post as I am anxious to follow your adventures. Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the update! It will be great to hear from you and see the pictures you take. P.S. I will post a link to Jack's graduation pictures once I finish sorting through them.
Post a Comment