"You have to begin to lose your memory, if only in bits and pieces to realize that memory is what makes our lives. Life without memory is no life at all, just as an intelligence without the possibility of expression is not really an intelligence. Our memory is our coherence, our reason, our feeling, even our action. Without it, we are nothing." -
Luis BuñuelTwo words: 70% Cocao! :D

Life is good.Unfortunately I didn't end up getting the chance to try the intense cycling class the other day, but next week we do! Tuesday we went for a walk to the mall and sports store to try to get jerseys for the game (see below), but were unsuccessful, but such as luck...we still had fun.
Kary, Tony A., Tony R, Lucas, Ellen, Jenna, Kathryn and Damien:

Yesterday we went on a tour of an Olive factory which has been in the area since 1926 I believe. It was interesting, we got to see a mini-museum, video and the actual factory area. It certainly smelled strongly in there! They did give us free samples of traditional green olives stuffed with anchovies though. I have a hunch I know who in our family will be trying those ;)


Afterward I tried to do some work at the computer lab at the University, but it was crazy crowded and was unsuccessful in finding a computer that worked properly so I came back to the room and researched for my paper for a bit. At 3:00 we headed back to the University for four hours of classes and then went straight to the main square for the League Championship!! For those of you that don't follow soccer, Barcelona played Manchester United last night for the League Championship. I think you can probably guess who everyone in Spain was cheering for. It was very funny because Steve and Lucas (two guys on the trip) decided to wear their Manchester United clothes for the game so as we entered the square we had about 150 Barcelona fans greeting us with jeers, cheers and general noise beyond belief. There was a big screen set up for everyone to watch and it was absolutely crazy.
Some Barcelona fans intent on the introduction ceremony to the game:

Rocio, Damien, Tony Rizzo and Matt:

When Barcelona won (they were the underdogs big time) chaos ensued. The Spanish celebrate everything with fireworks and to say it was like fourth of july would give the wrong impression. These were fireworks all over the place loud enough to send shock waves through the crowd. It was chaotic, but a ton of fun to celebrate and do the cheers with the Barcelona fans. I'm not quite sure how to even describe it. I'm going to try to put up some pictures of the celebrations in a little bit, once I get them from Ellen. Long and short it was one of my favorite nights of the trip so far. I'm looking forward to the game in Valencia!
Marisa's very official completely (not even remotely un)biased
FCBarcelona Player PickManchester United Player Pick
No comments:
Post a Comment