Friday, May 22, 2009

El Viernes Primero

Today was pretty quiet after staying out so late last night. Most people slept in as long as physically possible and then showed up to class. We were lucky that they pushed back the start time for today to 11:15 which was nice of them. It meant that we got out of class earlier, but it gave us more much needed sleep. It's strange though, I am definitely adjusting to their schedule and the way I think about what is "late". Dinner time from 9:00-10:00pm to put things in perspective so the day is somewhat adjusted. After class almost everyone went back to the dorms to catch up on sleep, but I went to the computer lab at the University since I wasn't sure if the internet was working or not at the dorm again. After I failed about 6 times to login I had Rocio help me and promptly felt like I was about 12 years old since I could not log onto a computer. Around 6, Rocio showed me where the bus stop is and then I kept her company while she picked up some things from her house. I got to meet her mom who was so so sweet and see pictures of her sister. On the way back we just chatted and actually ended up seeing her boyfriend drive by, which was good because she was late for meeting him and at least he would know that she was going to be late! It was interesting to talk to her, I had a lot of fun just hanging out. By the time I got back to the dorm most people were still essentially passed out and it was quiet.
Dinner was pretty good and we just relaxed until deciding to go out and get some really good ice cream at the place we went a few days ago. Nice and relaxed day!
Brought a bit of home with me! Welcome to Spain!

No comments: