At 5:15 there was a walk with focusing on modernist architecture, which I was very very upset to find that I accidentally slept through the departure time when I woke up at 5:30. Not cool.
I was so sad about missing this that I decided to have my own personal cultural experience and went for a walk ultimately finding my way to the park near our dorm. I stayed here for quite a while just relaxing, drawing a little, writing a little and generally taking in the sights. I think that this is one of my favorite spots that we've spent any real amount of time in. I was sitting on the guard rail with this to my right, the rising homes and buildings in front of me and to the left the city and the famous mountain's with St. George's gap.
Later on a pick up basketball game was started which got to be pretty intense and highly entertaining with some of the Spanish guys. After dinner some people watched a movie, others played some soccer (Bayo managed to mess up his wrist bringing his total number of injuries to 3. He is currently on the way to the hospital to get x-rays on his wrist). I went and checked out the gym in the dorm for a bit, but I'm excited because I think next week we're going to start a spinning class which is supposed to be highly highly entertaining. Overall it turned out to be a good day despite missing the trip.
Today we haven't been up to much of anything special either, had class and lunch at the cafeteria. Pau gave Ellen, Jenna and I a ride back to the dorm which was sweet, but then had a dorm picture with all the hall residents. I will try to put up a copy of the picture later. Sounds like basically everyone will be working on the 7 page research paper due next week. Looks like I should work on finding a topic like everyone else...
But in the mean time these are some pictures from PE Girls Getaway, Easter and Graduation (Thank you Dad!)
Mom and I at the Pasquerilla East (my dorm at ND) Chapel:
Easter Sunday brunch with the family and Juliana:
Commencement Mass on Saturday afternoon:
Jack and Juliana in front of the dome:OH and P.S.
Thanks for the comments from the first day's post! I just saw then today and I was really excited :D Thank you for reading if you've gotten this far I'm glad to hear that people are following!
And for Jack ;)
"Life is what happens when you are busy doing other things." -John Lennon
2 comments:
yes, windmills!
If you want people to know when you've posted on your blog you can set it up so that it will show up on Facebook. Click on your profile, then Notes => Notes settings "Edit Import Settings" If you want let me know and I can help you with it!
Ps - up comes out on Friday!
Once again, thank you for your posts. It is very exciting to follow your adventures. It sounds like you're enjoying yourselves and creating many memories that will last a lifetime.
disfrutar de ustedes, pero no demasiado mucho :)
Post a Comment